I have been too busy to blog! It is only the 16th of May, but things are busy, bustling, and bursting out of the dirt here in our little plot of heaven in Danville, Indiana. We have most of our garden in, with lettuce and early greens keeping our salad bowls filled and our bodies feeling spunky despite the long days of work.
Tim is still busy at Catholic Charities, Matt is close to being done with school, and Mel has started work at our neighbors farm, Seldom Seen. Check out the awesome things they are up to at their blog: http://seldomseenfarm.com. I started work this month at a local retirement community... only to get through the first day of training and realize that it was not the right place for me to be. I have never quit a job so quickly, nor have I ever been so relieved to be unemployed. Back to Craigslist and the classifieds I go. In the meantime, I am making lots of lovely custom order guest books for my amazing Etsy customers. Perhaps before too long I will be so busy making & selling my art that finding another job would seem silly (fingers & toes crossed). That point has not come quite yet, but it is not too far off either.
Well, back to thin the greens and weed yet another bed.
--Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment